Hillview Community Church Safeguarding Statement
Hillview Community Church (including Kintore Community Church) recognises the importance of its ministry with children and young people and adults in need of protection and its responsibility to protect everyone entrusted to our care.
The following statement was agreed by the Leadership of Hillview Community Church in September 2023:
•This church is committed to the safeguarding of children and adults with care and support needs and ensuring their well-being.
• We recognise that we all have a responsibility to help prevent harm or abuse to and adults with care and support needs in all their recognised forms.
• We recognise that the personal dignity and rights of adults and children and will ensure all our policies an~ procedures reflect this .
• We believe all people should enjoy and have access to every aspect of the life of the church unless they pose a risk to the safety of those we serve.
• We undertake to exercise proper care in the appointment and selection of all those who will work with children and adults with care and support needs.
• We believe every child and adult should be valued, safe and happy. We want to make sure that all those we have contact with know this and are empowered to tell us if they are experiencing significant harm
We are committed to:
• Following statutory denominational and specialist guidelines in relation to safeguarding children and adults and will ensure that as a place of worship all workers will work within the agreed procedure of our safeguarding policy.
• Implementing the requirements of the Disability Discrimination Acts 1995 and 2005, Equality Act 2010 and all other relevant legislation.
• Supporting, resourcing and training those who undertake this work.
• Ensuring that we are keeping up to date with national and local developments relating to safeguarding.
• Ensuring that everyone agrees to abide by these recommendations and the guidelines established by this church .
• Supporting all in the church affected by abuse.
• Children’s Social Services has lead responsibility for investigating all allegations or suspicions of abuse where there are concerns about a child. Adult Social Care has lead responsibility for investigating all allegations or suspicions of abuse where there are concerns about an adult with care and support needs .
• Where an allegation suggests that a criminal offence may have been committed then the police should be contacted as a matter of urgency .
• Where working outside of the UK, concerns will be reported to the appropriate agencies in the country in which we operate, and their procedures followed, and in addition we will report concerns to our agency’s headquarters .
• Safeguarding is everyone’s responsibility.
We will review this statement and our policy annually.
If you have any concerns for a child or adult with care and support needs then speak to one of the following who have been approved as Safeguarding Co-ordinators for the church.
Jane White Safeguarding Co-ordinator
lain Clark Deputy Safeguarding Co-ordinator (Hillview)
Daina Carnochan Deputy Safeguarding Co-ordinator (Kintore)